Tuesday 23 March 2010

Save me from Sylvia

When I get too self obsessed

Luxuriating in my mess

When I'm sickeningly seduced by my own fall

When I'm staring at the wine

When you ask me and I cry

Falling to the ground like a silly sorry fawn

When I'm poisonous to touch

When I need your love too much

Seeing only all the things in life I hate

When my words are laced with spite

When I crush you with my might

Stabbing tragedies of family with vanity

When I blame it all on history

When I burden you with mystery

Carrying all the weight of them upon my back

When I think I am too brilliant

When I'm on the verge of hideous

Strutting like a man who's lost his mind

When I see how I could damage

I have to take a breath

When I think about a marriage

It makes me think of death

When I stand outside and see myself

It makes me feel ashamed

The little life that I shall hold

Must never know this pain






No comments:

Post a Comment